Shannon provides practical, objective, solutions-oriented legal advice to clients about the family law issues they are facing. She outlines sensible solutions in a clear and comprehensive manner so clients can understand their legal positions and resulting options and then make educated decisions that enable them to move forward with their lives.
Shannon seeks to negotiate or mediate a customized, long lasting and durable resolution of her clients’ issues wherever possible and crafts careful prenuptial/marriage, cohabitation and separation agreements. Where the parties are unable to come to an agreement, Shannon provides vigorous and efficient representation in court.
Shannon has extensive experience in all areas of family law, including providing legal advice, negotiating settlements, providing representation in court, and mediating disputes about:
– Parenting responsibilities and parenting time (previously referred to as guardianship,
custody and access), including relocation disputes
– Child support and spousal support;
– Division and reapportionment of property, including pensions;
– Family violence, including protection orders and spousal assault torts;
– Family law agreements, including applications to set them aside; and
– Divorce and common law separation.